Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Old Romanticism

Back to Photography. I played around with the manual settings this time. I'm starting to slowly understand the meaning behind each setting, trying to rely less and less on the the auto settings.
I didn't realise how fascinating it is. Also how interesting the effects are!

I didn't want to tell the tree or weed what it was. I wanted it to tell me something and through me express its meaning in nature.

~Wynn Bullock






This was interesting, I purposely let less light through. Found the result to be interesting.

I generally try to stay away from using the flash, but i thought this brought out a nice effect, made the colours more crisp and sharp.

There's something about these old style lamps I can't help but find romantic. I hope I'll be better at capturing their beauty.


2 comments:

  1. now you can't stop taking pictures! i'm saving up for an external flash. wanna save up with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, i'll pass, i don't like the flash too much as it is, i can't imagine wanting an external one right now. however talk to me in a few months and i might be looking for a second lens! :p!

    ReplyDelete