Thursday, October 15, 2009

An Exercise in Composition

" Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst."
Henri Cartier-Bresson
I wonder what I'll think of all these pictures when I look back on them after I have Clicked for the millionth time. Well the only way to go from here is up I think, although I hope I can find a Canon Photo Class soon, I think I am in need of some guidance.

These are smaller models of traditional Kashmiri pots, some are used to either hold water (for washing hands before eating) and others to hold tea. The amount of work done on these are simply beautiful, like most things that come from Kashmir, its all hand done, every bit.

With these pictures I was trying to take shots from different angles, rearranging the positions of the pots. It was, as titled an exercise in composition.







This one is a Kangrdi and is used to keep people warm in the winter. Usually coals are heated up in it and you keep it close to your body. It's really cosy.

Also to Patrick: I hope you notice, just for you I uploaded some bigger pictures!

1 comment: